Since its launch in March 2012, Pinterest has had a great impact on social media and offers yet another channel for businesses to promote themselves and expand brand awareness. If you handle Pinterest properly, it can also provide very good SEO benefits. In other words, Pinterest not only helps your business but also brings you lots of traffic from its account.
So first, what is Pinterest?
Here below is a quick definition of Pinterest, by Pinterest:
“Pinterest lets you organise and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organise their favourite recipes.”
How do we use it?
Pinterest is an online pinboard where you can organize and share things you love. You are allowed to pin your chosen images on boards which are classified in different themes and organised any way you desire, from weddings to recipes to a collection of your favourite technologies, etc.
Anyone with access can share, comment on and “repin” your boards and pins. By installing the “Pin It” button to your browser you can pin any images you like to boards, and your pins will link back to the originating website.
In order to encourage the sharing of images and products, you are advised to add one of these buttons to your pages/website:
Similar to other social networks, the more followers you attract, the better content you can spread. A Pinner can decide to follow other pinners or just aboard. In order to acquire more fans, you should create a good deal of boards of different topics.
As soon as you’ve got attractive boards, other members of Pinterest will follow you up instead of your own boards. The best tip is to create the most interesting board for a topic that includes your targeted keywords for SEO purpose.
It’s highly recommended that you should also actively interact with other Pinners by following them up or commenting on their own boards in return.
Tips for Internet marketing on Pinterest:
– Create a board of your company’s images including events you organise or sponsor, the company’s members along with their CVs, daily activities, personal life, etc
– Find an illustrating image of a blog/presentation about the company, pin it on Pinterest accompanied by some interesting brief description/summary so that others find it interesting to click on your website.
– Infographic is very much liked on Pinterest. If you have figures about a certain industry, start making graph immediately before anyone else. Infographic is one of the most favourite “meals” on social networks.
– You can make use of online books or their covers to up to Pinterest.
– It’s most effective to post images of your satisfied clients with a smile with your own products/services. If possible, add some of your client’s comments about the products and services to make it more impressing.
– Create boards of clients with your company’s logo and products and let them feel free to choose their own positions. The funnier it is, the more attractive your photos are which accordingly make a lof of pinners pin your images.
– Select some regular and typical customers and create boards to honour their business with your company.
– Make a collection of images, satirical pictures related to your products/service.
– Make videos about your company’s products or create a slideshow with the available images.
Otherwise, make a video record of your company’s member presentation when they attend a conference or a related topic and do not forget to add your website address at the end of the clip.
Note: You should not directly up the images to Pinterest. Instead, pin it from your own website so that you can drive others from Pinterest back to your site. Though most of Pinterest’s members are female, beautiful girls photos have the most pervasive power on Pinterest.
In summary, Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing social networks online. Learn how to use it effectively for your business to drive traffic and increase visibility and you’ll definitely get most benefits from this service.